Thoughts About Schtuff

Friday, March 31, 2006

Ode to The Swiss


WHAT A DAY.

Ok - so Fridays are typically busier than days earlier in the week ... but today - indescribable. Words can't describe the how the first busy day of spring knocks the lazy-because-it's-brutally-slow-during-the-winter pants off of you in, like, a second. I started at 12, and was scheduled work the bar, but Mike (Dining Room Manager) told me that I was on the floor and Cristina(another manager) would do bar. I was like, "cool - could definately use some extra cash". During a normal Friday lunch, 'extra cash' is ballpark $35-40 for about 2 hours worth of work. This is because people are coming in on their lunch breaks, and are usually rushing to get out, so they ask for their bills as soon as they get their meals, drop a $20 on a $13 bill and run out the door. But man - TODAY ... I don't know what was in the water, because apparently all of Mississauga wanted to go to Swiss Chalet and within, like, 30 minutes, I got slammed - my section was FULL (8 tables of 4 and 1 table of 6). I was running! But, the freaky thing about lunch, is that the rush subsides as quickly as it comes. It started at 1, and was done by about 2:30 - and I didn't have time to change my change into bills, so everytime I moved, I sounded like Christmas. Once I did unload all of my change, and counted 'er up ... I had $70! $70 for what was basically 1.5 hours of work! Woo hoo!

When lunch was done, and Alison and I began to recover, we had our routine "what do you want to eat today?" discussion, and decided on appetizers: we bought perrogies, spring rolls (which are nasty - NEVER have them), quesadillas, and a garlic cheese loaf. SO good! (except for the stupid poo rolls)

Once we polished all that crap off, we followed it up with a Chudleigh's apple blossom, that was supped up with ice-cream, whipped cream, and butterscotch. MAN. SO good. Then we just sat and chilled and talked about our boys.

Dinner was ... ok! A little rough because the part-time kitchen guys came in - they're brutally slow, so customers were pissy because their children were complaining about being hungry and having to wait, and me telling them that the kitchen was slow seemed like a bad excuse for poor service. But, the night still went ok - worked from 4:30-8:30, and made an extra $60 ... so, a total of $130 (plus whatever extra change) - this is sweet, because I was hoping for $120.

Anyways, I'm gonna go to Wendy's. mmmm...

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 a.m., Blogger lowonthego said…

    oh man, that blog made me SO crave swiss chalet man.

    and what?? i love the spring rolls. they are SO white person spring rolls and are lovely!!

     
  • At 12:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you have a lot of extra cash to spend on someone special - maybe a new pair of shoes? ;) haha

     
  • At 2:03 p.m., Blogger Jenna said…

    Lyd - I'm glad that SOMEONE likes them. No, seriously - they sell pretty well (surprisingly ... I SO prefer Asian spring rolls).


    Travis, I WOULD buy you a new pair of shoes, but I'm currently working for Visa (I owe them my first born child).

     
  • At 1:02 p.m., Blogger Jenna said…

    lol yes, it can be disappointing. But sometimes they just give random stuff that they didn't use during the day - like at the end of the night, they'll be like, want to take home 4 chickens? It's pretty sweet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home