Thoughts About Schtuff

Friday, February 17, 2006

Happy Reading Week!

WOW - so I'm definately exhausted, but genuinely happy. Out of the 17 days of February that I've experienced thus far, I've worked 11 of them and went up north to a crazy (but awesome) retreat with 44 screaming highschool students for 3 of them. This leaves an additional 3 days unaccounted for. Let's see if I can remember what I did during those 3 days:

Friday, February 3: went to Jack Astor's with Deej, Cindy, the Fox, and Pri, then spent the night with the Fox and Pri. We had some awesome chats.

Friday, February 10: did laundry and packed for Blizzard (the crazy, but awesome retreat), and went to Swiss Chalet with Andrew to finish planning for the purity talk that we did on Wednesday evening. Then, went to Blizzard.

Monday, February 13: worked on Bible study for this Sunday, went to weekly meeting to see/hear my beautiful Pri share about evangelism (I love how you love to share your faith, Pri!), and then went out with Caitlin and Brianne - two of my closest friends from the social work program at Ryerson. We ate some good food at Fran's: a restaurant that I really need to be going to more often with a couple of girls that I really need to be seeing more often.

This morning, I could not drag my butt out of bed. Normally, I'll get up at 9:00 and take all the time I need to get ready for the day (practically and spiritually), and be on the bus by 11:15. Today, however, I woke-up at 11:oo! And even then, it was totally one of those experiences where you wake up, and feel like you way a tonne, and even the thought of moving your body is painful. I'm so not a morning person.

So anyways, I get a ride to work (thanks Mom!), and the exhaustion just didn't go away. I was so tired and slow all day. When I was cut from lunch, I found someone to take my evening shift - and WENT HOME (thanks again Mom!). Best feeling EVER. Yes, I need the moola, but I definately need the rest a whole lot more!

So now that I truly have NOTHING time - as in, NOTHING planned, and no where to go, and no car to do that with ... I'm feeling kinda lost! My crazy schedule has kept me going and going and going to the point that even when I'm exhausted, I still "want" to keep going!

This is how I plan (I can't get away from myself) on using tonight's down time:

  • Clean my room. It's impossible for me to actually relax in my room if it's messy.
  • Paint my finger and toe-nails. I love doing this, but haven't had the time as of late.
  • Do the whole deep-clean/exfoliate/mask thing to my face (gotta get rid of any last trace of chicken grease).
  • Soak in the tub for at least half a day.
  • Curl up in the biggest pair of track-pants and biggest sweater EVER, and biggest pair of socks and read and listen to music and fall asleep.

Yes, this sounds about right. Just what the doctor ordered. Ok - I'm going to get started!

Love you all!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounded like quite the day. Well deserved and probably well enjoyed? :)
    Altho, nothing wrong with a little chicken grease.

     
  • At 8:11 a.m., Blogger pri said…

    hahahah. sounds like a lot of fun!! i cannot believe the number of times you paint your finger and toe nails (how do you have the patience???). you make me feel like such a bum lol.

    i hope you were able to do all that fun stuff. ;). see you monday!!!!!! JAP time. cannot wait. Defintely one of the highlights of my week, ever week.

     
  • At 4:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank you for the cupcakes jenna!!!!!!! we had some great fun with those.

     
  • At 10:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm..sounds like an amazing relaxation time. I'm in next time. haha ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home