Thoughts About Schtuff

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ode to My Mom

My mother is such a wonderful embodiement of Proverbs 31:10-31. Verses 25 to 28, specifically, are such appropriate descriptors for her character:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."

I am so thankful that I have a mother who is passionate about her relationship with Jesus Christ, as this gives me the privilege of witnessing her eager and authentic drive to continually determine God's will for her life on a daily basis. My mother is ardently committed to prayer, and I love that I can always trust her with the burdens of my life, knowing that she will always speak to Him on my behalf.

God has also gifted my motherwith an indescribably compassionate heart that is so quick to serve. This morning, for example, I woke earlier than normal so that I could wash my work uniform before I started my shift (we live in a building, so I have to schedule doing my laundry around the hours of the laundry room) only to find that my mother had already done it for me - without me asking - so that I could get a little bit of extra sleep. This, to me, was such a simple, but profound act of intentional love.

I'm so blessed to have the mentor, and accountability partner I do in my mother. I hope that I can be to my family what she is to hers.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 a.m., Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said…

    U r really lucky to have such a wonderful mom. I guess the best mom in the entire world no? ;)
    I too have the best mom in the world. They deserve the appreciation for LOL

     
  • At 11:32 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Welcome to blogspot.
    I look forward to many profound blog entries.
    love you girl,
    vaness

     
  • At 1:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's a shame that we don't realise how much we need our mothers until we're older. all those wasted moments getting mad or fighting with them could have been spent getting to know them better.
    i'm glad though that we're becoming closer with them. they are our best friends.

    love sab

     

Post a Comment

<< Home