Thoughts About Schtuff

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

*twinkle*

I love Valentine's Day.

Personally, I am totally captured by the idea of committing an entire day to, well, love! What is so bad about this? Even though I'm single, I fail to understand why people are so disgusted with the idea of having a legitimate excuse to spend some intentional "romantic" time with their special someone! It could be that I just love flowers, and chocolate, and having basically any reason to go out for dinner, but I just cannot comprehend why people are so grossed out by Valentine's Day.

Today at work, I had the opportunity to observe about a billion different couples - being there was SO lovely: couples young and old were enjoying each other's company - every girl I saw in the restaurant was smiling, and many were holding these awesome bouquets of flowers. One of the girls who I work with during the week - her boyfriend came in just to give her a bouquet of red and blue roses. What woman wouldn't like that? My other friend's mom made a whole bunch of cupcakes for the staff, simply because it was Valentine's Day!

In light of the fact that Valentine's Day is awesome, I have decided to share my top-5 very favourite Valentine-ish (or love) songs:


  • More Than Words - Extreme
  • Running - No Doubt
  • I'll Be - Edwin McCain
  • That's So You - The Rocket Summer
  • I'll Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler (yeah - that's right!)

I hope that everyone has a most wonderful and happy Valentine's Day!

xo

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 p.m., Blogger pri said…

    hey there, valentine ;)!!

    I'll Grow Old With You is such a cute song hahahaha. LOVE it. Couples are SO cute on valentines day. The girls i saw today walking around with flowers looked so happy. haha and there is a general uplift in peoples moods which is so great. although im not a big fan of roses, flowers from boys = awesome ;). haha.

    anyway.

    Happy Valentines, I LOVE YOUUUU!!

     
  • At 10:31 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Aww...you are so sweet. It's refreshing to see a single person relish in the whole reason for Valentine's Day.
    Props to you, girl.
    I said that every 14th of every month should be Valentine's Day.
    Jamie then said we should have Valentine's Day every week.
    Now that's what I'm talking about!
    :D
    Vaness

     

Post a Comment

<< Home